[Nolug] Opinions?

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:50:08 -0600 (CST)

Since I know several of you guys own and run your own consulting business
I would like to ask you and anyone else's opinions about the
following situation.

I was contacted by a consultant to do work on his behalf. I went to the
clients office,
did what I could, plugged his business and kept him in the loop.
(I had never met this person prior to this deal.)
I spent 3 billable hours on this project. But in the end I wasn't able to
completely resolve the issue. (It was a bad hard drive in a server, that
someone eventually used ONTrack data recovery software on.)

So, in my opinion either way fixed or not fixed I should be paid for the
3 hours. I also spent half of another day speaking with the client and
the consultant trying to drum up a "side job" for me and a client for him.
I thought we were going to get more work from this client,
but I have heard nothing since.

This has been 4 months and I have yet to be paid for my 3 hours. From what
I understand the consultant has yet to be paid by the client. (which is
the last thing I heard in JANUARY.)
I have contacted this person twice since this time, trying to give enough
time for paperwork to be done. I have sent two emails in the past month
with no response.

It is my opinion that he should pay me whether or not he was paid
by the client.

What would you do in this situation if you were me?
What if you were the consultant?

Thanks

--
Brad Bendily - CNA