Re: [Nolug] DSL/ethernet bridge

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:37:30 -0600

Alex McKenzie wrote:

>> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 09:04, John D. Tiedeman spake:
>>
>>> I have never succeeded in linking my computers via the
>>> D-Link DI604 which connects both of them to my ethernet bridge for DSL,
>>> that limits transfer of files to uploading to offline storage and then
>>> downloading on the other computer, which obviously is a pain!
>>

> Wait...do you connect your DSL modem to your D-link? This is how mine
> (DI707) is setup and it's been working like a charm for years. If
> you're usign another router for a bridge, that's just adding more
> comlpexity than you need.
>
> Of course, maybe I don't understand the problem....A
>
> --
> Alex McKenzie alex@boxchain.com http://www.boxchain.com

No problem with DSL. Both computers are connected to the DI604, which in
turn is connected to the ethernet bridge. Both computers get DSL and can
ping each other. I just haven't succeeded in getting any more
intercommunication than that, but now that I know about scp, I think
I'll be able to get that working and transfer files directly.