Re: [Nolug] "dev/fd0 is not a valid block device"

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:36:37 -0600 (CST)

Did you swap the cable also? Could be a bad floppy controller on your
motherboard also. Check that /dev/fd0 is in fact a block device (the b in
brw-rw---- means block), major number 2, minor number 0:

brw-rw---- 1 root floppy 2, 0 Mar 19 2002 /dev/fd0

Boot a copy of Knoppix or even an old dos disk (www.freedos.org,
www.bootdisk.com) and see if the floppy drive works, to determine for sure
if it's a hardware or software problem.

As far as networking the computers, post a few more details and i'm sure
you'll get a lot of help from this list.

ray