[Nolug] "dev/fd0 is not a valid block device"

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:04:11 -0600

    I was getting the message above before I upgraded from RH9 to Fedora
1, and I'm still getting it. I have checked /etc/fstab and it's the same
as in my other computer. I put in a spare floppy drive with no change in
results. Since I have never succeeded in linking my computers via the
D-Link DI604 which connects both of them to my ethernet bridge for DSL,
that limits transfer of files to uploading to offline storage and then
downloading on the other computer, which obviously is a pain!