Re: [Nolug] "dev/fd0 is not a valid block device"

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:39:50 -0600

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 09:04, John D. Tiedeman spake:
> I was getting the message above before I upgraded from RH9 to Fedora
> 1, and I'm still getting it. I have checked /etc/fstab and it's the same
> as in my other computer. I put in a spare floppy drive with no change in
> results. Since I have never succeeded in linking my computers via the
> D-Link DI604 which connects both of them to my ethernet bridge for DSL,
> that limits transfer of files to uploading to offline storage and then
> downloading on the other computer, which obviously is a pain!

No doubt.

I'm not sure what setup you've got over there, but as I understand it, you are
simply wanting to transfer files from one PC on your LAN to another, right?

You can use scp (part of the ssh suite), or perhaps pscp.exe (see PuTTY's
webpage) if one of them is a windows box. Or you could set up an ftp server
locally. Or samba. Or you can use netcat.

Hmm... by "never succeeded in linking my computers" do you mean they can't
talk to one another?

Hopefully you'll figure out your floppy problem, though...

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL