[Nolug] Topic Suggestion for the next meeting

From: gonzeaux bevarde <gonzeaux_bevarde_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

School is over (for the moment) and I'm back playing with Fedora. Some may remember
my wireless trouble some months ago which ended in me giving up on playing with
Linux at all for the last few months. I am still unable to find anything to clear this
confusion up for me. Fedora recognized and installed the Prism 2.5 chipset driver and it
shows up in the hardware list in the Network dialog. I have no idea what to do next. When
I try to activate the card it gives me an error - which makes perfect sense. All the
documentation I've found seems to be more advanced than what I'm trying to do - I'm just
trying to get it up online - Dlink card - Dlink router. Should be simple. (and it's not the
DWL-520+ that's been giving everyone such a fit) I naturally have checked the Help
section and had my card been in the dropdown list I would have no problem but the help
doesn't allude to what you should do if your card is not in the list.

I don't want someone to do it for me or walk me through it, but if someone could toss me
a bone here and tell me where to look, or give me that little nugget of information that
I'm missing to help get me on a productive track I'd really appreciate it. I should be at
the meeting on the 20th (work and other responsibilities permitting) so maybe it would be a good topic. Maybe it's just me though....what then??

Thanks to all.

Jack