Re: [Nolug] Topic Suggestion for the next meeting

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:24:35 -0500

<snip>

> I don't want someone to do it for me or walk me through it, but if someone
> could toss me a bone here and tell me where to look, or give me that little
> nugget of information that I'm missing to help get me on a productive track
> I'd really appreciate it.
<snip>

Jack,

Look in dmesg, and in /var/log/messages. Find out if the thing is being
recognized or not. If so, try ifconfig and route manually (or your dhcp
client if you're running dunamic IP).

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL