Re: [Nolug] Topic Suggestion for the next meeting

From: Randy Flood <stock_investor_guy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:17:22 -0700 (PDT)

What is the exact card you have?

What is the output of the following commands?

uname -a
cardctrl ident
ifconfig -a
service pcmcia restart
(what errors do you see)
tail /var/log/messages just after doing this
Are there any additional relevant errors there?

Randy

--- gonzeaux bevarde <gonzeaux_bevarde@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> School is over (for the moment) and I'm back playing
> with Fedora. Some may remember
> my wireless trouble some months ago which ended in
> me giving up on playing with
> Linux at all for the last few months. I am still
> unable to find anything to clear this
> confusion up for me. Fedora recognized and installed
> the Prism 2.5 chipset driver and it
> shows up in the hardware list in the Network dialog.
> I have no idea what to do next. When
> I try to activate the card it gives me an error -
> which makes perfect sense. All the
> documentation I've found seems to be more advanced
> than what I'm trying to do - I'm just
> trying to get it up online - Dlink card - Dlink
> router. Should be simple. (and it's not the
> DWL-520+ that's been giving everyone such a fit) I
> naturally have checked the Help
> section and had my card been in the dropdown list I
> would have no problem but the help
> doesn't allude to what you should do if your card is
> not in the list.
>
> I don't want someone to do it for me or walk me
> through it, but if someone could toss me
> a bone here and tell me where to look, or give me
> that little nugget of information that
> I'm missing to help get me on a productive track I'd
> really appreciate it. I should be at
> the meeting on the 20th (work and other
> responsibilities permitting) so maybe it would be a
> good topic. Maybe it's just me though....what then??
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> Jack

> Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'

=====
Randy Flood
Randy.Flood@RHCE2B.COM
http://www.rhce2b.com