[Nolug] new server for nolug

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:37:00 -0500

Good news! We've just installed a new server for nolug. I'm installing
software on it, and will be migrating our domain name, website and the
mailing list to it in the next week or so.

This means many things: it's a dedicated host, so nolug.org, the website and
mailing list, will live on it. I know everyone is going to miss typing my
name every time they want to send mail to this list, but y'all will just have
to get over it :-)

Also, I am considering offering accounts to trusted nolug members, for web,
mail and other usage. If this happens, users will be able to use nolug.org:
user@nulog.org and http://nolug.org/~user for vanity mail and web. This,
aside from being just too cool, might help out those who would like to have a
web page, but can't afford hosting. Oh, and the mail server will be filtering
spam and malware.

Also in the works are other cool things, such as our own IRC server... if you
guys decide to actually do IRC, anyway... And other stuff. Stay tuned.

Oh, and projects. VoIP, anyone? IPv6? IPsec? dailystrips? What else?

Paul Taylor has donated a Pentium 1.7 or so box, and bandwidth. It needs RAM,
so if anyone has any 266MHz RAM laying around, please consider donating it.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL