Re: [Nolug] MySQL Help?

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:17:45 -0400

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

>> SELECT * from tblData,zipDistances WHERE zip=zip_distant AND
>> origin = 70118 AND distance = 25;

Oops, that should be "origin in 70118 AND distance <= 25";

> Maybe this will give you the juice to convince Those In
> Charge to let you switch to PostgreSQL.

I've already started importing tables for this app, but I'm gonna have
to fine-tune the db schema and re-do it.

Another issue: character encoding. The MySQL data is encoded
"Latin1", but I want the data in PG to be Unicode. The quick fix is
to put the following at the top of the file you feed to PG:

    set client_encoding to 'LATIN1';

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.