RE: [Nolug] AC and UPSes

From: James Scott <jhs_technical_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:15:04 -0500

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 13:55, Alex McKenzie wrote:
> Well I have no way to tell if the UPS is at 20% anyway. Well, I suppose I
> could find/install some UPS software.
>
> It has drained completely a couple of times lately during storms/random
> power outages. This is a surge problem, unless the battery is completely
> dead, which I will check tonight.
>
> All I've got plugged into the ups side is a laptop, 7 port router, and a
> DSL modem. I've got a desktop/monitor plugged into the surge only end.
IMHO what you are experiencing is a low battery. When the power from
the outlet drops suddenly the battery kicks in. If the battery is too
low it will not support the hardware plugged into it.
There is help for you here
http://eu1.networkupstools.org/protocols/belkin-universal/
This is likely to be more info than you wanted but covers Belkin UPS in
detail.

Jim