Re: [Nolug] UNO picks designer for Slidell Tech Park

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:50:54 -0500

On Thursday 22 July 2004 6:14 pm, Scott Amerland spake:
> CMJandHOJ@cs.com wrote:
> > http://bizneworleans.com/109+M5cfd69b661c.html
> >

> > Chris Johnston <http://agent.kw.com/chrisjohnston/>
> > Realtor Consultant
> > Keller Williams Realty
> > 4725 Veterans Blvd.
> > Metairie, LA 70006
> > 504-455-0100 bus
> > 504-455-0322 fax
> > 504-416-1596 cell
> > chrisjohnston@kw.com <mailto:chrisjohnston@kw.com>
> > http://agent.kw.com/chrisjohnston/ <http://agent.kw.com/139864/>
> > Licensed Louisiana Realtor, Each Office Independently Owned and Operated
> >
> > "I believe that persistent effort, supported by a character-based
> > foundation, will enable you to get more of the things money will buy
> > and all of the things money won't buy." Zig Ziglar
> > Author and Speaker
>
> Is is like some sort of requirement we see your 15 line advertisement
> every time you post a message? I will voice my opinion right now. I
> thing it is irritating and VERY obnoxious. I would ask you to stop, but
> that is up to Joey I expect.
>
> Scott

Heh.

My response: http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

Yes, advertisments can be obnoxious. Everyone has some sort of .sig or
boilerplate (there's another opportunity for obnoxicity right there), and in
fact I have 5, chosen in context. If people started complaining about one of
mine, I would consider altering it a bit. Take for instance the one I use
here: some on the list have taken offense to religious discussions, but no
one objects to my sig, since it's just 3 lines plus the obligatory joke, and
anyone wanting more info can click my homepage link.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL