Re: [Nolug] mount fd0

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:58:29 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 13:15 -0500, Jay Latham wrote:
>
>>Scott Harney said the following on 07/23/2004 11:58 AM:

> [snip]
>
>>>hmm. is your system all reiserfs? Maybe slack didn't install ext2
>>>support into the kernel. Or maybe it's available as a module. If it
>>>is, it should autoload, but perhaps "modprobe ext2" prior to your mount
>>>attempts will help.
>>
>>That was the problem. It never occured to me that any distro would not
>>include support for ext2. Probably because all my partitions are reiserfs.
>

> That's the last thing I'd have thought, too. It's ext2, after all!

Yeah, Slack started making reiserfs (I think) the recommended option
around v8, and the default shortly after. It performs much better than
ext2/3, I find the journalling to be much more robust. But I usually
add ext2 and others as modules (I always customize the ekrnel), bc you
never know if you have to recover a drive or something.

What were you doing formatting floppies at ext2? Never heard of such a
thing. Never paid attention, as I use floppies only when forced to....A

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com