Re: [Nolug] mount fd0

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:08:03 -0500 (CDT)

> Yeah, Slack started making reiserfs (I think) the recommended option
> around v8, and the default shortly after. It performs much better than
> ext2/3, I find the journalling to be much more robust. But I usually
> add ext2 and others as modules (I always customize the ekrnel), bc you
> never know if you have to recover a drive or something.

I have a Suse box with ReiserFS partitions that I setup as an internet
kiosk station. I mounted the /home partition separately than root.

After a few power outages I lost the /home partition. root was in tact
but not /home. I had run the rebuild commands on it, and it
seemed to save the data in those lost+found dirs, but it was all
random names and info, there was no way for me to use the data.
I had backups so
it wasn't that big a deal, but I thought reiser would have been
able to survive a few power outtages.

This was with Suse 9.0. So I assume the reiserFS was fairly
recent.

Just my .02 about reiserfs.

BB