Re: [Nolug] Debian and ATI Radeon 9200

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:45:07 -0500

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 11:00 -0500, Friedrich Gurtler wrote:
> Heya
>
> Pretty noobish here, so bear with me. I cut out most of the spam from
> these commands so you can just see what I did.
>
> I am trying to get my ATI Radeon and Debian to play nicely together. I
> downloaded the ATI driver, and converted the rpm to a deb.
[snip]

> So obviously it didnt like the fake kernel that I sorta built. How do I
> obtain the exact kernel source from debian for my release? =/

Get an nvidia card? They show that they care about selling to the
Linux crowd by keeping the driver in sync with the Windows driver,
and have an open-source "wrapper" that encloses the binary-only
driver.

I had great success with that on my Debian box.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"Democracy is woman's greatest invention. Indeed, it even
reflects her character: purposeless, irrational, subject to
public opinion and passing fashions, rambling, confused,
underhanded, scheming, in love with its own purity."
Unknown