Re: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:28:18 -0500

> However, I can not get to http://imdb.com from my linux box. All m$
> browsers go there with no problems. I even installed the latest mozilla,
> and no help. Imdb.com does not even respond to ping sent from linux.

On a slightly related note, I ran into a nasty problem today. It seems a Baton
Rouge company that does web-based medical stuff for my client does a browser
detect and unless you're hitting the site with IE, all of the relative links
are padded with leading backslashes. Needless to say, my 3-week-old campaign
to switch that entire office to mozilla just came to a screeching halt.

I didn't find a place in mozilla to change the user agent string. I might be
able to put everyone behind a proxy that mangles the string, but I'm
concerned that forcing everyone to surf through a proxy might break things
here and there.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL