Re: [Nolug] IMPORTANT: State radio and TV board wants to license computer techs

From: Tom Stirewalt - Computer Guru <Tom_at_ComputerExorcisms.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:12:18 -0500

  This is not going to go away!

  To me, this is a money grab by the State, grasping at straws for income.

   Unfortunately, the State agency's checkbook is bigger than the
average computer consultant's shop and an easy economic decision is to
pay the $55.00 and go on about your business.

   I think actual letters to representatives with cc to the state board
will apply some pressure.

   Personally, I don't like any government certifications or regulations
or licensing at all, for anything, but I know I am spitting into the
wind. However, let's stop encroachment NOW.

   Maybe we should all dig into our pockets and send a donation to the
guy who is fighting this as a deferment to legal fees, or maybe try to
join into the suit as Amicus Curiae hiring and attorney for that (not me).

   I'm not so sure a 'class action' is the way to go. Perhaps a
Restraining Order or a Declaratory Judgment. The cheapest is to go
the political route and bug the State Legislature to rein in this
Administrative Agency. But in order to be effective, political pressure
must be immense, focused, and unrelenting.

   Write your objections to this State Board's actions, in your own
words. I do not want to attempt to tell anyone what to write because if
a 'standard text' starts showing up in the legislature's hands it
becomes less 'weighty', it just looks like a standard letter writing
campaign instead of something that hit a grass-roots nerve.

  I urge everyone to actually contact their State Representative and
State Senator IN WRITING (snail mail!) [believe it or not, paper has
more impact than electrons!] .

AND send a copy to:
        Mr Stanley Brohn, Secretary
        Radio and Television Technicians Board
        6554 Florida Ave. - Suite 109
        Baton Rouge, LA 70806
                (225) 231-4710

= = =

Computer Possessed ?

    www.OnSiteExorcisms.com <http://www.onsiteexorcisms.com/>

Tom 07 Aug 2004

Thomas E. Stirewalt Jr. - Computer Guru & Attorney

www.*AncillaryComputerServices*.com
<http://www.ancillarycomputerservices.com/>

5000-A West Esplanade Ave. #282

Metairie, LA 70006-2551