Re: [Nolug] Using ssmtp to feed emails to my ISP

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:51:28 -0400

Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com> writes:

> Run a good solid simple mailer like postfix and set up
> "smtp.east.cox.net" as your relayhost. you only have to set about 4
> variables in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

Ron, I don't remember what distribution you're using, but I want to
believe it is Debian.

Debian Testing allows you to 'apt-get install postfix' and then answer
a few questions that set up postfix so that it sends everything
to a single point (like Cox's SMTP relays) without touching a single
config file.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.