Re: [Nolug] shell colors

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:17:12 -0400 (EDT)

>> Could someone point me to the direction where I could go ahead and
>> change
>> directory listing color in bash[2]?
>
> check in /etc/profile.d
> there is two colorls files in there.
> if not look into some of the bash howto's for setting up bashrc to change
> colors. This is my best guess.

Good pointers.
Via them I found that colors are controlled in /etc/DIR_COLORS

Very limited color options there, and this was not the solution. However,
the solution I found was simply my SSH terminal (Putty) settings. I don't
remember ever adjusting the ANSI colors in my SSH terminal, but for some
reason there was a slight difference in color values between the two saved
profiles.