Re: [Nolug] a place for politics

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:25:02 -0500

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 13:52 -0500, Brad Bendily wrote:
> > Aha.....
> > So the first one I sort of guessed, all the others are complete strangers.
> > I did not know thre were that many candidates for only two parties.
[snip]
> money you have. That's why Ross Perot got his name out
> there and almost had a chance. He got 6% of the vote I think.
> So he was probably the person who came the closest to being
> president just under the leading republican and democrat.

Perot got 19% in 1992 and 8.4% in 1996.

IMO, he's why Clinton got in both times. Note that Clinton *never*
got 50% of the vote, and GWB got 3,000,000 *more* of the popular
vote than Clinton ever did.

Yes, yes, Nader did the same thing to Gore in Y2K...

http://www.presidentelect.org/e1992.html
http://www.presidentelect.org/e1996.html
http://www.presidentelect.org/e2000.html