Re: [Nolug] mysql database not working

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 10:54:07 -0400

Charles Cox wrote:
> Hello everyone, does anyone have some mysql experience.For some reason I
> can,t get my database to work.I am trying to install phpgroupware.....php is
> working with apache2 webserver.

> Any ideas ?

I'm not familiar with Suse, but it sounds like you may have some
iptables rules in place that prevent connection to local ports.

Another thing to consider: mysql may have "skip-networking" in my.cnf.

If neither of those gets you anywhere, try posting the output of
"netstat -an | grep LISTEN" -- that'll tell us if there is anything
listening on the ports you are trying to connect to.

Mark.