[Nolug] SpeedStream 2614 router

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:40:11 -0500

I'm trying to replace my DI-604, which is has mechanical (case) problem.
When I enter http://198.162.254.254 in either browser in my Linux box, I
get a message that it can't connect (all applicable lights on the 2614
are on). My ancient OmniBook 800CT with W95 and Firefox will sometimes
connect, but since I looked up the default password for the 2614 I can't
get the 800CT to do anything when I enter the above URL. Going back to
the DI-604 both machines connect fine as long as I take pains that the
cable from the ethernet bridge stays plugged in (there is nothing for it
to catch on in the DI-604). When the OmniBook will connect, I get a
SpeedStream login screen. Why not with the Linux box?