Re: [Nolug] Community project: Mail/web server for Mischa DAY TWO

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:50:42 -0600

> I am having trouble setting up a mail server.I get very confused trying to
> set it up. I checked out rollernet and set it up the best I could.I
> think I am doing something wrong on my end. I want to use port 2525 for
> smtp. I will keep trying and reading up on sendmail , I am open to any
> suggestions to simplify this to make it work.

Mail doesn't work on any other port besides 25. Sure, you can run your own
internal mail on whatever you want, but you're not ever going to be able to
communicate with the outside world unless you're on the standard SMTP port.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL