RE: [Nolug] Network/internet connection problems (DSL)

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:12:30 -0600

Hello John.

>From what you describe, your problem is internal, probably on the w2k system
itself. The 169.254.x.x address is the result of it running DHCP to get a
local address, but not finding a DHCP server, hence generating one itself from
the 169.254.x.x "self assigned" range. From what you describe the machine
should have a static address. Apparent it doesn't, hence the problem.

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com