Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:38:11 -0600

Brett D. Estrade wrote:

>> I think at this point Charles has done more than could be asked of him -
>> as a Cox empoyee AND as NOLUG member. Cox is not stupid, but the folks
>> you are talking to on the phone are most likely not their network gurus.
>> They have better things to do than field calls from every customer who
>> says they know better even though the only picture they can paint is
>> through pinging. I know from experience that while the people are not
>> even close to experts, the folks behind the scene are.
>>
>> http://www.brettsbsd.net/~estrabd

For some reason Brett's response didn't make it to my mail box...

First, a simple question was all I asked... That certainly isn't too
much to ask.

Second, you obviously aren't going to have your NOC answering the tech
support line,
but the problem is that going through tech support and having the script
read to you after
you've done everything on it doesn't exactly help the customer.