Re: [Nolug] polite rant (was: Webhosting suggestions?)

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 13:41:20 -0500

While I agree with everything you said (Joey), I can also empathize with
not having time to work on X because of school. When I started playing
around with Linux (in 2000) I got a DSL line and setup a mail/web
server. I learned a lot about networking, firewalls and all that

Now that I'm in school fulltime (engineering, not CS) I just don't have
time to play with Linux, to the point of not even installing it on my
laptop. I could get a base install working no problem but getting all
the toys (DVDR, wifi, IR, yadda yadda) in working order would take more
time than I've got.

Since then the advent of spam filtering has come about, and I'm
completely clueless about it. If you don't have time to keep up with
what's new with computers, you go backwards in terms of knowledge.
Unfortunate but true, which is one reason I decided to not go full on
into IT.

And as for the politics of port blocking, I prefer to vote with my $$
and not get service from Those Who Block.

--
Alex McKenzie   alex*boxchain*com   http://www.boxchain.com
"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -