Re: [Nolug] OT: cable -> RCA converter

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:25:25 -0400

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 10:53 -0500, Brad Bendily wrote:
> Then I routed the DVD player through a VCR to
> be able to watch DVDs. However, as i was watching movies I would
> notice the brightness in the movie fade to dim, then bright.

That's a primative form of copy protection. Most TVs ignored the
signals that the DVD put out, but VCRs pay more attention. This makes
it more difficult to tape DVDs.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=67909965&m=5650908652

Does this mean the Blockbuster guy was helping you circumvent copy
protection?

Horrors!

--
http://mah.everybody.org/weblog/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5