Re: [Nolug] Why i believe PHP is out to get me.

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:35:30 -0500

On Wednesday August 17 2005 15:14, Dennis Bourn spake:
> There is a mod_php port, but it dosent give me the flexability to add
> the other configure options i need. Ive tried it that way to make sure
> and found that it does have a libphp4.so file,... but it leaves it in
> /usr/ports/www/mod_php4. Ive copied it out of there to the location
> that apache seems to be looking for it
> /usr/local/libexec/apache2/libphp4.so Ive enabled it in httpd.conf.

I haven't ever done FreeBSD, but in NetBSD's pkgsrc, you have to compile the
"ap-php" module if you want apache to be able to use PHP. That's in addition
to PHP itself, mind you.

As far as apache looking in one place for something that's in another place,
that's what symlinks are for :-)

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL