[Nolug] Alive after the hurricanes

From: Dan Danese <dan_at_mpsware.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:57:08 -0500

Been a while since I posted, but I am doing alright. Sorry if this is a bit
late, but had to get access to my email. :)

Still have a job in Slidell and my family and I are safe.

As for my house.. well... I live on the border between MS, and LA in
Pearlington, MS. We had 14 of water in the house. I lost 4 pets and 7
computers. We have power and water now, but both my house and my father in
law across the street had to gut the houses completely. Just the outside
walls and studs are standing now.

In case any of you are from that same area and read the newspapers, yes, it
was my brother in law that saved 20+ residents of my neighborhood with his
boat. 0 Casualties in Oak Harbor subdivision due to his actions during the
eye of the storm. Sad to say, just last week they pulled 5 more bodies from
under the rubble of pearlington as they were cleaning the houses that had
fallen down. I feel fortunate, at least more fortunate that a lot of our
neighbors. We have 65% of the homes in our subdivision that will be torn
down due to the amount of structural damage. The county still hasn't told
us whether we can rebuild or not, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to
get us that answer. Oh well..

~Dan