Re: [Nolug] Needs phone lines and Data

From: Ron Johnson <ronjohnsonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 03:24:54 -0800 (PST)

--- Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> > I like vonage - they don't provide broadband though.
>
> I use vonage as well. As long as you have power and your ISP
> has service then vonage works well. I don't see it being really

That's the rub, though.

In my neighborhood, BellSouth had the phones turned back on within
days, but Cox didn't have reliable internet service available until
late September. (Their digital phone service took a month to come
back, too, so I'm thinking of changing phone service back to
BellSouth.)

Also, Vonage seems to have "issues" with 911.

Ron