Re: [Nolug] Needs phone lines and Data

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:19:23 -0600 (CST)

> In my neighborhood, BellSouth had the phones turned back on within
> days, but Cox didn't have reliable internet service available until
> late September. (Their digital phone service took a month to come
> back, too, so I'm thinking of changing phone service back to
> BellSouth.)

Yeah, my in-laws wanted cheaper phone service, so I suggested
vonage. They were with vonage/charter for about 1 month then
katrina hit. After katrina they were out of services for 1 month.
It sucked, but no company is ever going to be able to maintain
services in such conditions. They kept complaining to me, but
I kept saying that i'm sure charter was working on it. Since
it was repaired service went down maybe two more times,
as i'm sure Charter was reworking things. It's been stable since.

Currently I'm paying $24.95 (plus tax) for unlimited minutes a
month, but I think soon I will switch to the $14.95 plan that's
only 500 minutes. So far I have not exceeded 500 minutes for a
month.

> Also, Vonage seems to have "issues" with 911.

In 29 years I have never used 911, I hope I never need it.

BB