RE: [Nolug] BellSouth Wants to Rig the Internet

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_mailcan.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:01:59 -0600

Doesn't that mean they are a competitor of yours as well? You are
looking at it from a different perspective, which I understand - but
here is how most look at it ....

- hurricane hits
- bell south tries to do a good thing (presumably innocent at first,
but..)
- NO opens wifi (which totally freaking rox0rz for 99.99% of those who
are affected by it)
- bell south cries foul, take ball home

New Orleans right now is in no place to be a fair, competitive market.
The area will require YEARS of gov't subsidies and special treatment to
get back on its feat. It is going to be a unfair market place for years
to come, but at the end of the day this will be good. It goes way
beyond just internet - NO unwilling has become a test bed for many
programs and efforts that have only been talk until now. If even a
fraction of these new ways of thinking work out, we will be better off.
You may not agree (understandably), but I think John Q. Public would.

Brett