RE: [Nolug] BellSouth Wants to Rig the Internet

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:29:51 -0600

P.S.

> New Orleans right now is in no place to be a fair, competitive market.

And the way to fix this is to drive competitive business out of the market?

What other areas is the city going to compete in? How about just giving away
basic services like water, power and phone service? Aren't those more
important than Internet access?

How about food? Sure - MREs during the emergency, until the stores opened.
But they aren't giving away food long term, are they? Same for clothes.

I also don't hear that the city is going to supply workers to rebuild houses
or buildings.

Indeed, the only "plan" I heard from Mayor Nagin was to demolish business to
make room for more gambling.

OK. I've soapboxed enough. :-)

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com