Re: [Nolug] find folder delete contents

From: Jeffrey Brite <jeff_at_896tech.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:30:10 -0600

John Kosta wrote:

> Can someone help me out here?
>
> I am trying to find every folder named "cache" on a partition and
> delete any files within.
>
> find -iregex '.*cache*'
>
> works, to get a listing, say:
>
> ./username/profile/Application
> Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/rjx12q2y.default/Cache

This might be helpful in addition to your server side solution, although
with over 150 users....

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

It's freeware and runs on the windows workstations, but will allow the
users to clean up all temp files on the computer.

I use it to help with virus removal on windows boxes... i.e. boot into
safemode and run cleanup first before virus/spyware removal. Make the
scans go faster and a lot of virus hide in the temp directory.

Jeff