[Nolug] Fibre and telephone poles...

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:52:31 -0600

Greetings all,

Joey and I have been working with two companies located in the Harahan
area that have offices in two separate buildings that are currently
linked wirelessly. In order to give them a more reliable link and MUCH
more speed, I was thinking of getting a contractor to run fibre on
telephone poles to link the offices. We only need to use two poles
since they are basically located right next to each other. Without
taking measurements, I'd gamble that the link is 1000-1200 ft long
(wiring closet to wiring closet).

Questions:

1. Who are some GOOD contractors in the area that can pull this sort of
thing off with respect to installation (including termination) and
providing cable?

2. Who do we need to contact about getting pole space? And, if known,
what's the current rate for leasing pole space?

Thanks all,
Jeremy