Re: [Nolug] Possible Meeting Places

From: Jeffrey Hendricks <hendricks_clan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:12:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Did we ever decide on where we were going to have the first post-K meeting? I've finally gotten a laptop, so it would be worth my while to come (instead of lugging my server tower in... What? That's not what LUG stands for???) Are we thinking of Thursday nights again? I've got a LOT of questions/suggestions for topics, as it seems the Linux world has had quite a few developments in the last year or so. I'm sure some of you would be very interested in seeing Compiz/Xgl running, as it seems to be a big Vista-killer (for those who are into pretty graphics). What better way to win over the Windows diehards, than to out-Vista Windows Vista? (evil grin)

-Jeff H.

Langiappe: Here's a shot of my Compiz Desktop... just having fun with the pcapex.com guys (they used to be Pimprig.com, thus the pimp hat). You can actually Ctrl-Alt-Click and drag the cube around, windows (even DVDs playing) will still play wrapped around the cube sides. It's sick.

http://forums.pcapex.com/attachments/linux_os_problems/34792-sweetest_linux_ever-screenshot.jpg?d=1146439289