[Nolug] next month's meeting ideas

From: Trey Fox <gefox4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 07:35:44 -0500

I was just wanting to get started on a topic for next month. I am going to
be perusing all my issues of Tux, and maybe posting some topic ideas for
next month. Maybe an install fest! Something that we can all do at the same
time, something that all users would find helpful. Security, or media topics
come to my mind.

As far as an install fest, I have access to really good d/l speeds for
OpenSuse 10.1. I have 10.0 already.
I have plenty of *ubuntu disks, as well as 64bit and x86 architecture. For
those not afraid of doing some editing from the cli, Arch is a really good
rpm based distro. It is made specifically for i686 architecture, so if you
have a 686 it is fast. Pacman is the package manager, and is very
reminiscent of Apt-get.

I also have Fox Linux, which I had installed on my laptop. The desktop is
really sharp, and easy to navigate. I had some difficulty getting wireless
to work, and just didn't have the time to get that working so I did scrap
it.

And lastly, I have been working on modifying Slax to fit my needs. I am
adding apps, bashscripts, and config settings. I hope to have a finished
product by next month's meeting.

I can't remember if we meet on the 2nd Thurs, or the 3rd. If possible the
2nd Thurs would be better for me, as on the third I will be on a bit of a
vacation.

Any other ideas from you guys?

--
Trey Fox