Re: [Nolug] nolug.org

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 09:02:23 -0500

On Saturday 02 September 2006 23:58, Trey Fox wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone else thought that our site looks a little
> stale? The wiki is ok, but if we are trying to attract new members wouldn't
> something a little more appealing be better.

At one point we had a logo contest, but I don't know if those images survived
(I had major server issues back in January). Certainly I could work on the
look of the site, though.

If the forum takes off, I can add a link to it on the wiki main page.

> The page for topics is way out of date.

That can be fixed.

> I realize that anyone can change the page,

Right. More than half the content is mine. Mischa pitched in and added stuff,
but he's gone. If people want to add more content, they're free to.

> but maybe if we could
> jazz things up a bit more...maybe assign different members an area of the
> site that they are responsible for keeping up. I think that the more
> current the site is the better. Some graphics, maybe a photoalbum. I'm just
> brainstorming. I guess that I dont' want to shake things up too much, just
> a few changes to make the site more appealing to the eye.

What you need to understand is that for the most part if anything got done in
recent years, one of the very small core group did it. I have been waiting
for random members to get interested in NOLUG again since the storm. I'm not
very interested in dragging people anymore... if they want to get involved,
great, that's what I want them to do, but one leader by himself does not a
LUG make.

Several folks have decided to get more involved, and that's great. I'm going
to address that at our meeting this month.

Thanks for your enthusiasm :-)

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?