RE: Re[4]: [Nolug] SCO and now Microsoft + Novell attacking Linux

From: David B. John <djohn_at_archdiocese-no.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:32:07 -0600

Sorry to get off thread.

I setup a "Dapper Drake" server VM a while back after hearing all the hype.
I don't like it (probably because I'm so accustomed to FreeBSD). The
sudoers irritated me at first but I got over it. When I moved the VM
around, my network interface disappeared. Turns out there is a file called
/etc/iftab that keeps track of your MAC addresses, when it see's it change
it silently disables your interface.
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/udev/+bug/53936>

I haven't tried the desktop distro of Ubuntu but I may.

Dave

This message has been scanned by the Internet Service Departments Virus/Spam filter.