RE: [Nolug] OT: Windows Data replication Software

From: Wimprine, Thomas <Twimprine_at_stei.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:41:02 -0500

Microsoft has this built into the OS on Win2003R2 and greater. Install
the DFS tools including DFS Replication, this will allow you to
replicate folders between systems and will only copy changes after the
initial pull, it compresses the data and transfers significantly less
than the physical data. We use it for all data we need to get out of the
way of a hurricane and it works really well. The only catch is there is
no "locking" mechanism so someone could technically open the same file
on both sides of the link, and would cause a conflict. Last one would
win and the other would be put into a "ConflictandDeleted" folder.

It's easy and if you are already a Windows shop it is pretty seamless.

Thomas