[Nolug] OT: Windows Data replication Software

From: Simon Dorfman <simon_at_themarketingcenter.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:02:16 -0500

I'm researching options for setting up a remote Windows 2003 Server for use
during a hurricane evacuation. I want something that will copy data from
the server on our LAN to the remote server (Dallas co-lo), as files are
changed. Or, if that's too expensive, every night, do a data sync.

Does anyone have any experience with these two data replication apps? If
yes, any feedback?:
PeerSync
http://www.peersoftware.com/solutions/peersync/server_mirroring_solutions.as

PowerFolder
http://www.powerfolder.com/

Any other solution ideas? Maybe rsync for windows via SSH? Anyone set
anything like that up?

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Dorfman
Project Manager/Assistant to the President