[Nolug] Web forensics

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:30:33 -0500

I'm doing some forensics for a web site, involving some sensitive data being
hidden in a file on a web site, and google somehow finding the file with
this data. Even though it's in a directory that basically has no way of
listing its contents, google can somehow find out about the existence of
this file, spider the file, and keep a copy of it in google cache. I'm
trying to find an article about this issue, proving that it is a real issue
and that it exists. So far I'm turning up nothing, but I was wondering if
any of you knew of such an article. Basically, just something saying "don't
store credit card numbers in a flat file on your web server because..." or
something to that effect. I just want to have some proof that this is
possible. If any of you can help, it's highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris