Re: [Nolug] Web forensics

From: Mike Walker <doublethrow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:02:42 -0500

Two possibilities:
1) Google does a TCP Quesry for all permutations of directories for ever
site it crawls (unlikely)
2) The browser of a user of that flat file reported a "referrer" URL to
Google when the user left the flat file and landed on a Google page. I
believe browsers usually report a referral only when a link from the
original page is provided, but that doesn't mean a non-standards compliant
browser (e.g. IE7) didn't report it that way.

--
Mike Walker