Re: [Nolug] Confusion getting Debian source code

From: Michael B. Roetto <mike_at_augdata.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:31:33 -0600 (CST)

yeah , the latest kernels tend to be stubborn about ipchains.
you could look into iptables; the latest incarnation of ipchains. the
developer is the same d00d. kernel 2.4.17, etc should support it with no
worries, mate. plus, it does gnarly stuff like 'stateful' firewalling,
making traffic like FTP a great deal less ugly. google "iptables" should
give you the whole story.

/m/

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just dove head 1st into Debian 2.2r4, doing a network install,
> but now find that the kernel I'm using (compact) doesn't
> support ipchains. (This makes the wife *very* upset.) Now,
> I'm having a big struggle trying to find the kernel sources,
> in order to rebuild the kernel.
>
> Can anyone point the way?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

"I'm too lazy to be a hippy" - Homer Simpson
Augusta Datacom: http://www.augdata.com
World Transonic Radio: http://www.augdata.com/wtradio