[Nolug] internet phone calls

From: Matthew <matthew_at_patientcarerx.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:09:23 -0700

Is anyone familiar with the company Varonage. They have an unlimited nation
wide long distance internet phone system that allows you to use your normal
phone over your DSL connection. If this service works as well as advertised
this would save me a lot of money. For geeks like us this could also be a
means of making a few coins on the side by hooking these systems up for
friends.

Their international long distance rates are also very reasonable. What do
you guys think about the service they were profiled in Time this week. Time
link
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101020415-227531,00.html
and the company link is http://www.vonage.com/digitalvoice/rates.phtml .

The only question I have is will this work over a cable modem or only over a
DSL? Joey your customers might go for this service.

Matt