Re: [Nolug] Introducing myself

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:18:07 -0500 (EST)

Hey but I would not know anything about PHP's sloppiness nor its examples
being horrendous. I have nothing to compare to.... ....err actually I
do. .ASP. And I would never change PHP into ASP.....

ASP was the first "language" I got into due to necessity. Then became PHP,
also due to necessity of getting rid of some M$ stuff we had and my
growing interest of replacing all Windows servers with Linux.
(Unfortunately I still have one Winbox. Though I'm running Apache, MySql,
PHP, Perl in that winbox.)

I tried to get into C++ a while back, but there seems to be some
prerequisite concepts which needs to be understood before even starting
and I found no good start point.... even organizing the operational
workspace seems confusing. Then run out of time...

I guess my way of learning does not suit to it, as I learn through working
examples (Even in PHP).... Reading books does not teach me anything. It
is like just a bunch of letters arranged after each other with no
comprehensive meaning.

Petri