Re: [Nolug] Ruby

From: Simon Dorfman <simon_at_yamlike.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 22:45:20 -0500

James,

I'm excited that you're going to do a talk on Ruby on Rails! Are you going
to do that at the next meeting? Any way to get a video projector set up at
CC's?

I'm marking my calendar: June 18th, 6:30pm at *CC's Coffee*, 701 Metairie
Road, in *Metairie* right across from Langenstein's Supermarket.

1.) What scripting or other programming languages do you use regularly?
PHP, some Coldfusion for work lately

2.) What are some of the common things you develop with the different
languages you use?
simple dynamic navigation menu, wordpress plugins

3.) When you develop specifically for the web what sort of things do you
build?
i'm interested in doing a flash-based game using flex for the frontend and
rails for the backend.

Simon