Re: [Nolug] [Fwd: Network/Systems Engineer -NYC-#2762***REVISED***]

Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:08:26 -0600

Shannon Roddy wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> wrote:
>> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>>
>>> Besides, taxes are outrageously high in NY & NJ, and there are a
>>> jillion things you just can't do up there. They've really perfected
>>> the Nanny State.
>> But what is the effective difference? How many of those “jillion”
>> things do you actually do in the NOLA metro area?
>
> Well, speaking for myself, I only go to N.O. when it is time to visit
> family or take care of family obligations. *But*, an hour from N.O. I
> regularly do lots of things I would not be able to dream of in NY
> City. Including target shooting in my back yard, flying a private
> plane without having to go through hours of ATC, etc. The list is
> pretty endless of what I would not be able to do in NY. ;-)

Target shooting in your backyard... Let me guess, you don't live
within an incorporated township or city? Lots cities or townships
have laws in place that prohibit or limit the discharging of a firearm
within city limits.

As for the ATC statement... Wouldn't that have more to do with the
fact that the airspace around NYC is congested? The NYC metro area
has three major airports (LGA, JFK and EWR) and two of them (EWR and
JFK) are two of the busiest in the world.

Those two things aren't really because of NY's regulatory climate, but
just part of living in a megacity...