Re: [Nolug] GMANE mirror? (was Re: Please Enjoy Another E-Mail Alert)

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:07:56 -0500

On Tue April 13 2010 11:02 am, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> For those who think email is something that should be reserved for
> urgent alerts and not discussion, they can use GMANE's web interface
> which has threads and allows replies via the web just like a forum.

Now that's all we need... random spam from the intarweb. Thanks, but no
thanks, unless you can get around the spam issue. To date, we've had exactly
no spam on the list, and only one instance of backscatter spoofage. That's
better than OpenBSD can boast ;-)

You guys do know that we have web archives, right?

> Unless someone objects, I'll set up the mirror tonight. I may even go
> so far as to import all my archives. B'wha hah ha hackā€¦ *cough*.

How far back do your mysterious archives go? Further that what I've got?

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant