Re: [Nolug] MEETING TIME AND LOCATION

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 15:06:13 -0600

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 10:00, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> It pains me to hold a mostly different personal opinion than that of a man who would quote the
> great Merle Haggard...oh, well to each his own.

Do you mean my "opinion" regarding *BSD, or Berkley, or both?

I really have no animosity towards *BSD, and even though I run Debian,
have no philosophical animosity towards the BSD license. It's just
bad luck that UCB was involved in that lawsuit with ATT right around
the time that Linux was born. That, and the appeal of the
semi-democratic appeal of the Linux development model.
If *BSD were to replace Windows or a proprietary Unix in a given
organization, I'd be just as happy as if it were Linux.

As for women in Berkley, I try not to think about them.

> mama tried,
> Brett
>
> --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll enjoy the greater degree of freedom the BSD license... ;)
> >
> > Freedom for MSFT to appropriate the code.
> >
> > > And yes, there are chics where BSD came from, Berkeley, which leads to
> >
> > Do women in Berkley yet acknowledge that Daniel Ortega isn't El
> > Presidente of Nicaragua?
> >
> > > the following:

> > > Yeah, but they don't do that whole Penguin thing... The like the bad
> > > boy appeal of the Daemon and stylishness of the Apples.
> >
> > Cute, cuddly birds or obnoxious guys that poke sticks in your
> > arse. Hmmm? Which would I pick? Can't beat you on the Apple
> > anti-establishment image, though.
> >
> > > Of course, BEING MARRIED you shouldn't care. ;)
> >
> > But I do, and for a very honorable (and politically correct) reason:
> > diversity.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |